Your Implant Journey
At Maidstone Dental Implant Centre we pay attention to details, to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
The time it takes to complete your dental implant treatment depends on a number of factors which includes the teeth being replaced, how quickly your gums heal and form around the implant and so on. We will provide you with a detailed treatment plan and estimated costs on your initial assessment which will help you make an informed decision.
Typically your implant journey will include:
- Initial Assessment: A detailed initial assessment of your jaws, existing teeth, gums and chewing ability will be carried out. X-rays and CT Scans will also be taken and where possible casts taken.
- Treatment Planning: All basic outstanding dental treatment must be completed and the quality of bone at the implant site assessed.
- Implant Placement: Your Implant is then placed under local anesthetic and where required sedation can be arranged for nervous patients.
- Implant Care: The implant or implants at this stage are exposed and a healing abutment are screwed into the implant.
- Impression For Implant Fixture: We take impressions at this stage to help us create an accurate ceramic crown for fitting.
- Fitting and Restoration: A tooth Coloured ceramic crown or bridge is cemented into place.
- After Care and On-Going Support: A follow up assessment is arranged after a few weeks to assess how you are doing and if the implant has settled.